Now-a-days people are browsing the internet daily for various reasons. Also the errors popping-up on the browsers while trying to open any website are too high and people are asking for the solutions to resolve the errors. One such error that shows up on the browser like Google Chrome while trying to launch a website is err_name_not_resolved.
The main reason for the error is, the DNS (Domain Name Server) lookup fails which should resolve the name of that website. As a result of that, browser will be failing to locate out the server in which the website that you have requested is present which throws the error “Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found”. The error can also occur when the users try to reach the website or a sub domain that does not actually exist.
How to fix Err_Name_Not_Resolved
When this error occurs, the users will not be able to browse the internet. In such case, the user has to resolve the error to be able to surf the internet. For those people who reporting this error and wanted to solve it can go through the below given solutions to fix the error. Here we have come up with few best fixes to resolve the error.
Renew DNS for Refreshing the Content
Just by running simple commands on your computer you can refresh / flush the DNS of the computer. You can do it in the following way.
- Go to Start Menu and in the search box or run box, type cmd and click on “OK” button / enter.
- Now the command prompt will be shown on the screen in which you need to type the following commands one after the other as given below.
- Type the command ipconfig /flushdns and click Enter button.
- Now enter another command ipconfig /renew in the command prompt and tap Enter.
- Finally type ipconfig /registerdns in the command prompt and click Enter.
- By doing the above process the DNS will be flushed or refreshed. Now, you can test the browser by opening the website again. If it works well and good, if not try the next method.
Deleting the cookies from your browser can sometimes resolve the error from occurring. Here we are going to show the procedure to delete cookies from Google Chrome. So do it as follows.
- Open the browser Google Chrome on your PC.
- Type the URL chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar of the browser or you can simple copy paste it and click Enter.
- Now the below given screen will appear on your browser. From that, select the option Cookies and other site and plug-in data.
- Tap on the “Clear Browsing Data” button at the bottom of the screen as shown in the above picture.
- That’s it. The cookies of the browser will be cleared off and the problem would be solved in most cases.
Change DNS Server Address
If any of the above methods does not work, then there can be problem with the DNS server address. In this situation, you have to manually assign the DNS Server Address. There are many DNS servers out there on the web and here we are going to use Google DNS Server address. You can change the DNS Server address with the help of the below given steps. So, go through the process completely and do is as it is.
- On the task bar of your PC, you have to right click on the “Network Icon”.
- Now, tap on the “Open Network and Sharing Center” which is as shown below.
- Next, you need to click on the Local Area Connection from the window that appears on the screen. Now, another box will appear from which you need to tap on “Properties”.
- From the properties window, select “Internet Protocol Version 4” and again click on the “Properties” as shown in the below given image.
- Now the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IP) Properties window will appear on the screen.
- Under the general tab on the IPV4 properties, click on the radio button besides “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- Type 220.127.116.11 in the Preferred DNS Server and 18.104.22.168 in the Alternate DNS Server.
- Next, click on the check box or select “Validate Settings Upon Exit” option at the bottom and tap on the “OK” button finally as shown in the picture.
- Restart your PC finally. With this, the DNS Server Address will be changed and the problem should be resolved. Test the browser again to open the website that you want and see that the error is resolved. If not, try the last solution.
Power Off Router
Switch off the router and power it on back to check the problem is resolved. Do it in the following way.
- Go to the internet router of your computer and pull off the power plug from the router.
- Leave the router switched off for at least five minutes.
- Meanwhile you can also logout your computer and wait.
- After five minutes, power on your router as well as your computer.
- Now, do a test in the browser and check that the problem is resolved. If not try the other fixes as given below.
- Check the firewall settings of your computer and ensure that the browser of your PC is not blocked by them. Temporarily disable the firewall and check if the error is resolved.
- If the users are using more than one internet connection at a time, then they have to disable all the internet connections that are unnecessary and keep only one internet connection that is required for your PC.
- If you are using any website filtering software, you can uninstall it. You can also check for the settings for the website being blocked by you by mistake. If yes, unblock the website and browse back.
- If you are still getting the error on the browser, the best way is to try browsing or connecting the internet in the safe mode and check that the error does not occur.
After performing any of the above fixes if the error is not resolved and if you are still facing the same issue, there may be a chance that you are using the public internet connection from the places such as internet café or office. In those places, the PC that provides you the internet connection would be caching the entries of the DNS. In such case, the problem can’t be resolved by you manually unless you are an expert in the field. So, you have to contact the computer system administrator and take the support of that person to resolve the problem.
These are all the best solutions that we have collected based on the reasons and given here for your reference. So, if you are having the same issue we would recommend you to do any of the above given fixes and see that the problem is resolved in just few minutes, if not contact system administrator as said above. Hope, this post has given you the best solutions to fix the error.